Sterile Tech* $1,000-$1,300 weekly
Los Angeles, CA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These are the essential job functions for an instrument technician.
- Must have working knowledge of the following: decontamination, sterilization, assembly, packaging and monitoring of instrumentation, case cart assembly and specialty cart assembly. This includes processing, reading and documenting biological tests to ensure functionality of sterilization equipment.
- Must have the ability to identify and assemble surgical instrumentation trays and ensure functionality, cleanliness and completeness of trays.
- Must be able to prioritize work according to surgical schedules and pick lists.
- Must be able to multi-task and work during stressful situations.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and maintain knowledge of the AAMI, NJDOH and Central Sterile Processing regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the Sterile Processing area.
- Day, Mid, night shifts Available
- Valid IAHCSMM or CBSPD certificate
CPR/BLS certification from accredited American Heart Association.
Minimum two-year hospital experience as an Instrument Tech within the last 12 months.