Respiratory Therapist *CHICAGO*
Chicago , IL
Respiratory therapists care for patients who have trouble breathing—for example, from a chronic respiratory disease, such as asthma or emphysema. Their patients range from premature infants with undeveloped lungs to elderly patients who have diseased lungs. They also provide emergency care to patients suffering from heart attacks, drowning, or shock.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These are the essential job functions for this position. The essential functions of this job include, but may not be limited to those listed in this job description. Employees hired for this position must be able to perform the essential function of this job without imposing significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others:
- Administers respiratory therapy treatments by performing bronchopulmonary drainage; assisting with breathing exercises; monitoring physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes; directing treatments given by aides, technicians and assistants.
- Evaluates effects of respiratory therapy treatment plan by observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress; recommending adjustments and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records
- Must be a quick learner and a team player
- Service 4 general areas: NICU, PICU, CICU and Floor Units
- 12 hr shifts, rotating weekends
- NICU placement requests experience in Level III
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate of an approved Respiratory Therapist program
- Valid RRT, CRT, ACLS, PALS, and Respiratory License
- Must successfully complete and maintain CPR/BLS certification from accredited American Heart Association.
- NICU requires NRP
- Minimum 2 years of hospital experience as a Respiratory Therapist within the last 12 months.
- Current heath documents and immunization records
3 REASONS WHY CANDIDATES SELECT 365
- Access to thousands of clients across the nation
- Competitive rates
6 REASONS WHY CLIENTS SELECT 365
- Service Excellence
- Tailor Made Solutions
- Vacation Coverage
- Relationship Based Business
- 100% JCAHO Compliant and Pre Screened Candidates
- Speed and Efficiency in Placements
5 REASONS WHY 365 IS THE BEST
- Leader in service
- 24 Hour Assistance for Both Clients and Candidates
- Independently Owned since 2009
- Speed and Efficiency in Delivering Results
- Understanding of our Client and Candidates Needs