Los Angeles, CA
The Operating Room Registered Nurse is responsible for assisting with the various types of surgical procedures in the operating room. Functions as a scrub or circulating nurse; and can also serve as back up R.N. in post anesthesia recovery. Duties include identifying and screening the patient for all necessary lab studies and correct consent. Assists throughout the procedure maintaining sterile techniques. Accountable for instruments safety of the patients, and completion of the nursing surgical records. Functions as a clinically competent nurse who provides safe and effective nursing care in a particular area of practice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These are the essential job functions for this position. The essential functions of this job include, but may not be limited to those listed in this job description. Employees hired for this position must be able to perform the essential function of this job without imposing significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others:
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Knowledge of EPIC Charting System
- Circulating Experience, scrubbing preferred
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Diploma and/or BSN (required)
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license within the state of California
- Minimum two years of OR experience
- Current ACLS and PALS certification accredited by the American Heart Association
- Current CPR/BLS certifications accredited by the American Heart Association
- Current heath documents and immunization records
3 REASONS WHY CANDIDATES SELECT 365
- Access to thousands of clients across the nation
- Competitive rates
6 REASONS WHY CLIENTS SELECT 365
- Service Excellence
- Tailor Made Solutions
- Vacation Coverage
- Relationship Based Business
- 100% JCAHO Compliant and Pre Screened Candidates
- Speed and Efficiency in Placements
5 REASONS WHY 365 IS THE BEST
- Leader in service
- 24 Hour Assistance for Both Clients and Candidates
- Independently Owned since 2009
- Speed and Efficiency in Delivering Results
- Understanding of our Client and Candidates Needs