Medical Assistant *PALMDALE*
Palmdale , CA
Perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of physician. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding for insurance purposes. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by physician.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These are the essential job functions for this position. The essential functions of this job include, but may not be limited to those listed in this job description. Employees hired for this position must be able to perform the essential function of this job without imposing significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others:
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Greet and log in patients arriving at office or clinic.
- Keep financial records and perform other bookkeeping duties, such as handling credit and collections and mailing monthly statements to patients.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height
- Collect blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments and materials or performing such tasks as giving injections and removing sutures.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATION:
- Vocational School Diploma or Certificate
- Must successfully complete and maintain CPR / BLS certification from accredited American Heart Association.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1 year of paid experience as a Medical Assistant within the last 12 months in a hospital setting
- Up to date health records and immunization records
3 Reasons Why Candidates Select 365
- Access to Thousands of Clients Across the Nation
- Competitive rates
6 Reasons Why Clients Select 365
- Service excellence
- Tailor Made Solutions
- Vacation coverage
- Relationship Based Business
- 100% JCAHO Compliant and Pre Screened Candidates
- Speed and Efficiency in Placements
5 Reasons Why 365 Is The Best
- Leaders in service
- 24 Hour Assistance for Both Clients and Candidates
- Independently Owned since 2009
- Speed and Efficiency in Delivering Results
- Understanding of our Client and Candidate’s Needs