Certified Sterile Processing Technician - IAHCSMM
Los Angeles, CA
The Sterile Technician duties include performing technical functions including the cleaning, decontamination, preparing, sterilization and dispensing of instrumentation and instrument trays for the Operating Room, Labor and Delivery, Emergency Room, and all other patient care areas requesting sterile instrumentation. They are also typically responsible for taking inventory and ordering equipment as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These are the essential job functions for an instrument technician.
- Must have working knowledge of the following: decontamination, sterilization, assembly, packaging and monitoring of instrumentation, case cart assembly and specialty cart assembly. This includes processing, reading and documenting biological tests to ensure functionality of sterilization equipment.
- Must have the ability to identify and assemble surgical instrumentation trays and ensure functionality, cleanliness and completeness of trays.
- Must be able to prioritize work according to surgical schedules and pick lists.
- Must be able to multi-task and work during stressful situations.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and maintain knowledge of the AAMI, NJDOH and Central Sterile Processing regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the Sterile Processing area.
- Must have graduated from an accredited vocational school with a valid IAHCSMM or CBSPD certificate.
- Sterile Processing Technician by a nationally recognized organization (CBSPD or IAHCSMM)
- Must successfully complete and maintain CPR/BLS certification from accredited American Heart Association.
- Minimum one-year hospital experience as an Instrument Tech within the last 12 months.
- Up to date health records and immunization records
3 Reasons Why Candidates Select 365
- Access to Thousands of Clients Across the Nation
- Competitive Rates
6 Reasons Why Clients Select 365
- Service Excellence
- Tailor Made Solutions
- Vacation Coverage
- Relationship Based Business
- 100% JCAHO Compliant and Pre Screened Candidates
- Speed and Efficiency in Placements
5 Reasons Why 365 Is The Best
- Leaders in Service
- 24 Hour Assistance for Both Clients and Candidates
- Independently Owned since 2009
- Speed and Efficiency in Delivering Results
- Understanding of our Client and Candidate’s Needs