Pharmacy Tech - Hospital Experience Only - IMMEDIATE NEED
Santa Rosa, CA
- The Pharmacy Technician assist, under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, with the preparation and distribution of prescription medications. In a hospital setting, the pharmacy technician helps fill orders for patients and ensures that they are delivered to the right units. They also help the pharmacist ensure that the pharmacy has the right amount of stock to meet patient needs.
- Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Pharmacy and all Registered Pharmacists and according to standard procedures, prepares and delivers medications, pharmaceutical supplies and parenteral products.
- Minimum of recent two year hospital experience as a Pharmacy Tech.
- Successful completion of an accredited vocational school program.
- MUST HAVE PREVIOUS HOSPITAL EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Diploma required as a Pharmacy Tech.
- Must successfully complete and maintain CPR/BLS certification
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (These are the essential job functions for this position. The essential functions of this job include, but may not be limited to those listed in this job description. Employees hired for this position must be able to perform the essential function of this job without imposing significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others):
- PYXIS cabinet experience recommended but not required
- Inpatient care
- IV medication experience
- Applicant must have strong management skills for the in-window, pleasant phone skills and excellent customer service attitude.
- Must be able to multi-task and work during stressful situations.
- $12.00 - $15.00 per hour