MRI technicians perform diagnostic testing by taking images of patients' bodies using computerized MRI scanners. MRI technicians interpret a physician's instructions, explain MRI procedures to patients, select software options and imaging parameters when adjusting an MRI machine, view images from an imaging session and keep records of the results They generally work under the supervision of physicians and other medical personnel. MRI technicians can work in various clinical environments, such as hospitals, mobile radiographic units, diagnostic imaging centers or doctors' offices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These are the essential job functions for this position. The essential functions of this job include, but may not be limited to those listed in this job description. Employees hired for this position must be able to perform the essential function of this job without imposing significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others:
- Performs MRI/CT imaging procedures on appropriate anatomical regions in accordance with accepted standards of practice and protocols of the individual site Radiologist.
- must explain the process to each patient in a calm and reassuring manner, responding with empathy to expressions of fear or claustrophobia.
- The technologist must be able to read and understand the radiologist's written instructions to correctly image the affected area of the patient's body
- The ability to recognize a usable image
- Under guidance and approval of site Radiologist, administers contrast agents according to site-specific protocols.
- Maintains current Permits to Practice in all states in which services are performed.
- Cooperates with facility healthcare personnel and complies with facility policies and procedures.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate of an approved two-year Radiologic Technology program
- ARRT and ARMRIT
- Must successfully complete and maintain CPR/BLS certification from accredited American Heart Association.
- Minimum one-year hospital experience as an MRI Tech within the last 12 months.
- Current heath documents and immunization records
3 REASONS WHY CANDIDATES SELECT 365
- Access to thousands of clients across the nation
- Competitive rates
6 REASONS WHY CLIENTS SELECT 365
- Service Excellence
- Tailor Made Solutions
- Vacation Coverage
- Relationship Based Business
- 100% JCAHO Compliant and Pre Screened Candidates
- Speed and Efficiency in Placements
5 REASONS WHY 365 IS THE BEST
- Leader in service
- 24 Hour Assistance for Both Clients and Candidates
- Independently Owned since 2009
- Speed and Efficiency in Delivering Results
- Understanding of our Client and Candidates Needs