Licensed Vocational Nurse
San Bernardino, CA
LVN’s job function is to care for patients and perform essential functions the Registered Nurse (RN) or doctor assign to them, including clerical tasks. Primarily the LVN’s duties involve the daily care of patients. Some LVNs may opt to specialize in certain areas, such as intensive care, pediatrics, gynecology, emergency room, and medical surgery. The LVN is constantly working with people, so they should be patient, friendly and cheerful. In addition, because they will be working with personal information they are required to be trustworthy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These are the essential job functions for this position. The essential functions of this job include, but may not be limited to those listed in this job description. Employees hired for this position must be able to perform the essential function of this job without imposing significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others:
- Observe patients, charting and reporting changes in patients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
- Administer prescribed medications or start intravenous fluids, and note times and amounts on patients' charts.
- Measure and record patients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration.
- Provide basic patient care and treatments, such as taking temperatures and blood pressure, dressing wounds, treating bedsores, giving enemas, douches, alcohol rubs, and massages, or performing catheterizations.
- Help patients with bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, moving in bed, and standing and walking.
- Collect samples such as blood, urine and sputum from patients, and perform routine laboratory tests on samples.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited LVN nursing program
- Current California LVN License
- Must successfully complete and maintain CPR/BLS certification from accredited American Heart Association program.
- Minimum one-year HOSPITAL EXPERIENCE as an LVN within the last 12 months.
- Current heath documents and immunization records
3 REASONS WHY CANDIDATES SELECT 365
- Access to thousands of clients across the nation
- Competitive rates
6 REASONS WHY CLIENTS SELECT 365
- Service Excellence
- Tailor Made Solutions
- Vacation Coverage
- Relationship Based Business
- 100% JCAHO Compliant and Pre Screened Candidates
- Speed and Efficiency in Placements
5 REASONS WHY 365 IS THE BEST
- Leader in service
- 24 Hour Assistance for Both Clients and Candidates
- Independently Owned since 2009
- Speed and Efficiency in Delivering Results
- Understanding of our Client and Candidates Needs