CT Techs, or Computerized Tomography Technicians, perform diagnostic computerized tomography (CT) procedures as requested by a physician to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. They perform daily QA’s and weekly QA’s on CT equipment as suggested by a manufacturer’s guidelines. They are responsible for starting intravenous lines (IV’s), administers contrast media orally, rectally, and/ or intravenously, enter data such as type of scan requested, slice thickness, scan time, and other technical data into the computer, starts CT scanner to scan designated anatomical area of patient, view images of organs on CT display console to ensure quality of images, demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit and performs any combination of the following duties depending on the area of assignment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These are the essential job functions for this position. The essential functions of this job include, but may not be limited to those listed in this job description. Employees hired for this position must be able to perform the essential function of this job without imposing significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others:
- Performs diagnostic CT procedures such as head, chest, spine, abdomen, pelvis, etc. Assists physicians in performing other CT procedures such as biopsies, etc., as needed. Cardiac, vascular studies, bone density and 3-D reconstructions.
- Pulls contrast from Pyxis per protocol and documents contrast in eMar per protocol.
- Mixes oral and rectal contrast per protocol for pertinent exams; Loads the power injector for contrast studies proficiently
- Performs data entry in computers necessary for work flow and patient care, such as: ITS, Meditech, PACS, eMar and Pyxis.
- Prepares patient for their exam by consenting, explaining exam and answering patient questions. Starts intravenous lines and administers contrast and other preparations as to complete exam in a timely fashion. Cares for patient during procedures by assisting them to rest rooms, providing blankets, etc.
- Evaluates patient condition pre and post-procedure and reports changes in the patient's condition to nurses or Radiologist for follow-up.
- Transports patients by stretcher, bed, wheelchair, or walking. Provides care for patients during transportation and in the department, if necessary.
- Performs related duties such as reporting equipment malfunctions, assists others, and special assignments. Cleans work area and replenishes supplies.
- Assists with emergency medical treatment under physician direction.
- Attends regularly scheduled department meetings and in-services to maintain working knowledge of changes in machines, protocols, radiation therapy planning, 3D work station, stealth and CT angiography exams. Maintains CEU’s and CPR for license.
- Valid CRT and ARRT certificates are required. CTRT certification is preferred.
- Must successfully complete and maintain CPR/BLS certification from accredited American Heart Association.
- Minimum one-year hospital experience as a CT Technician within the last 12 months.
- Current health documents and immunization records
As one of the leading medical staffing agencies in California, we specialize in placing top medical professionals in new career opportunities. We have a team of experienced and dedicated healthcare recruiters that knows what it takes to find a qualified candidate that will have the right chemistry for your team. It’s more than just finding someone with the right skillset, and we know that.
3 Reasons Why Candidates Select 365
- Access to Thousands of Clients Across the Nation
- Competitive Rates
6 Reasons Why Clients Select 365
- Service Excellence
- Tailor Made Solutions
- Vacation Coverage
- Relationship Based Business
- 100% JCAHO Compliant and Pre Screened Candidates
- Speed and Efficiency in Placements
5 Reasons Why 365 Is The Best
- Leaders in Service
- 24 Hour Assistance for Both Clients and Candidates
- Independently Owned since 2009
- Speed and Efficiency in Delivering Results
- Understanding of our Client and Candidate’s Needs